PANAGBANGON,PANNAKAPAIMBAG (Pagbangon, Paghilom) NAMCYA 2021 GENERAL GUIDELINES
- The Competition is open to all Filipino citizens.
- Age Brackets
- at least 19 years old and not more than 30 years old by December 31, 2021.
Junior Categories –
at least 13 years old and not more than 19 years old by December 31, 2021.
Children’s Categories – not more than 14 years old by December 31, 2021.
Open Categories – not more than 30 years old by December 31, 2021.
∙ SENIOR PIANO
∙ SENIOR STRINGS (violin, viola, cello, double bass)
∙ SENIOR VOICE
∙ JUNIOR GUITAR
∙ CHILDREN’S SOLO RONDALLA INSTRUMENT (picollo banduria, banduria, laud, octavina, mandola)
∙ WOODWINDS (Open Category)
∙ JUNIOR RONDALLA
∙ SENIOR CHOIR (mixed and equal voices)
∙ TRADITIONAL MUSIC
∙ MUSIC VIDEO PRODUCTION
III. APPLICATION, GENERAL REQUIREMENTS and FEES
- Applications must be submitted online via www.namcya.com.
- Forms, such as application and repertoire, as well as specific competition timeline can be accessed via www.namcya.com.
- The following requirements should be sent to www.namcya.com:
- Duly filled out online application form, including:
- Audition Video
- Submitted via Youtube unlisted link in the application form.
- Preferred video format is mp4, one camera set-up. It is suggested that you place your mobile device/camera on a tripod in a horizontal position (landscape view), before recording, for better video quality.
- The video should be specifically recorded for the 2021 competition, date stamped not earlier than April 1, 2021.
- Video should be WITHOUT cuts within each piece, NO editing/zooming/panning, and no audio enhancements.
- For Strings: Keep the face, both arms, entire bow and instrument clearly visible in the video. Instrument must be tuned. Videos made with untuned instruments will be disqualified.
- For Piano: The face and hands of the contestants must be visible at all times in the video recording.
- Wear presentable attire.
- High-resolution Photo
- Solo Categories – Passport size photo (300 dpi).
- Group Categories – 4R group photo and Passport size photo (300 dpi) of each group member including the conductor.
- Save each photo as an individual file in this format: firstname.lastname.jpg
- Scanned copy of birth certificate of each competitor. For groups, include the birth certificate of the conductor.
- Repertoire form for each Category and Competition Level.
- Clear soft copies (PDF) of the music scores of the repertoire. Submitted pdf files must have the permission of the composer or publisher except those taken from public domain.
- The office will not entertain incomplete and late applications.
- All inquiries and clarifications should only be coursed through the NAMCYA office via email@example.com.
- Unauthorized changes will be grounds for disqualification.
- A non-refundable Registration Fee of P1,500 for Solo Category Competitions and P2,500 for Group Category Competition shall be deposited to the account of the NAMCYA Foundation:
Bank name : Banco De Oro, SM Hypermarket – Adriatico Branch
Account name : NATIONAL MUSIC COMPETITIONS FOR YOUNG ARTISTS FOUNDATION, INC.
Account No. : S/A 00447-014-7780
*Please write the NAME OF APPLICANT/GROUP NAME in the Reference Number/Payor’s Name line.
IV. IMPORTANT DATES:
|Deadline of Submission of ALL requirements (application form, videos, registration fee): July 31, 2021|
|Deadline of Semifinal Round Video (Groups): September 10, 2021|
|Semifinal Round (Solo): September 13-18, 2021|
|National Final Round: TBA|
The jury shall be composed of nationally/internationally renowned panel of experts, music practitioners, teachers and/or former NAMCYA winners.
VI. COMPETITION RESULTS, PRIZES, AND AWARDS
- First, Second, Third Prizes may be awarded in each category.
|SOLO CATEGORIES||GROUP CATEGORIES|
|1st Prize||40, 000||60, 000|
|2nd Prize||30, 000||40, 000|
|3rd Prize||20, 000||30, 000|
*subject to final tax.
*subject to change without prior notice.
- A maximum of six (6) groups for the Traditional Music Ensemble will be chosen and declared as National Winners.
2. The decision of the Board of Judges is final.
VII. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Contestants shall be responsible for obtaining performance rights and/or written permission/publisher-approved pieces from composers, arrangers, and/or music publishers at all levels of the Competition, unless obtained from public domain sources (e.g. IMSLP, CPDL, etc.).
2. All NAMCYA-commissioned works and Contest Pieces are protected by copyright.
3. All media (photos, audio and video recordings) of the competition belong to the NAMCYA.
VIII. PERFORMANCE PARAMETERS
- Competitors must provide their own accompanist in all levels of the competition.
- Use of recorded accompaniment or “minus-one” is allowed.
- All competitors shall perform in appropriate and presentable attire.
- Addendum/Clarifications for Performance/Recording Parameters:
The NAMCYA assumes no liability to any party for all forms of emergency, including force majeure, fortuitous event, invasion or rebellion, during the course of the NAMCYA competitions and events.
NAMCYA accepts the fact that there is no substitute for a live performance. However, trying times call for creative solutions including adapting to 21st century technology. Rest assured that all efforts, together with the competitors and their leaders, abiding by the guidelines and protocols set by the COVID-19 INTER-AGENCY TASK FORCE mandated by the national government, shall be exerted to guarantee safety. Group categories shall be conducted online in all levels of competition. Solo categories may have a live finals competition.
PDF version of the General Guidelines can be downloaded here: Panagbangon, Pannakapaimbag 2021 General Guidelines