VOICE COMPETITION (Senior Category)
1. There shall be no voice classification divisions (e.g., soprano, alto, tenor, bass), thus all competitors will compete for only one set of prizes.
2. The Competitor must prepare a list of songs, herein called the SUBMITTED REPERTOIRE including the following:
a. Two (2) Arias from Opera, Operetta, Oratorio and/or Cantata, in the original language and key, and in contrasting styles.
- For operas translated and reworked by, or with the composer himself (as in some works of Rossini and Donizetti), the competitor may choose in which language to perform.
- Arias must be sung with recitative and/or cabaletta/cavatina, IF PRESENT.
- Filipino arias may be included.
b. Three (3) Art Songs in at least 2 different languages: Italian, French, Spanish, German, or English sung in original language. Transposition is allowed
c. Two (2) Songs by a Filipino Composer
- Art Songs, including Kundiman, Kumintang, and the like; and/or Transcription of Folk Songs for Solo Voice and Piano
- At least One (1) song should be in a Filipino language.
- 2nd song may be in any language (Filipino or foreign) to which the
music was set.
d. Obligatory piece (To be announced after the Video Elimination)
Any three (3) songs from the Submitted Repertoire, including one (1) Aria
Any three (3) songs from the Submitted Repertoire, one of which must not have been sung in the previous round
15-20 minute Program (from the Submitted Repertoire) including the Obligatory piece
for PDF version of the guidelines, click here